As you will be aware, the Indian government has notified the UAE as a reciprocal territory for the execution of foreign court judgments. This new development will make it easier for creditors in the UAE to recover debts from runaway debtors who have returned to India.
*How will the judgment be executed in India?*
1. Judgment can be executed against a person only, not against a corporate entity.
2. District Courts in India are the designated courts for the execution of foreign judgments.
3. The Final Judgment from a UAE court, along with a certificate, needs to be forwarded for execution.
4. The District Court can order the runaway debtor’s assets to be attached and put up for auction.
5. Other coercive action, including arrest, can be enforced if required.
For more information call our 24/7 Legal helpline : +971543273073